Sunday 25 April 2010

Living on the edge - Number 5

I have spent most of my life on the fringe of things. At school and college, I was never part of in group, I was never one of the others though either. I sort of floated between, on the edge of things. This wasn't all bad, I was able to have a conversation with almost everyone in my year and get alone with them. However it didn't do much for long term friendships. The only contact I have from that part of my life is through social networking. I have to say in ways I regret this, but looking back I wonder if there is anything that I could have done about it.

I just really didn't fit.

I was thinking about this today and I don't think much has changed.

I spent today meeting people that I will working with at a festival in June and again I found myself on the edge of things floating between different groups at lunch time. The people were nice and friendly, its just me.

The same could apply for Twitter I think, I can't really be bothered sorting out lists like the site lets you but if I did I would probably have maybe three or four groups. Over the past couple of days I have come to realise that I am still on the edge of it all. Listening in.

I guess that's just my role in life. Hovering at the fringe, always wondering if I am just about to fall off.

Track of the day - Arab Strap - There is no end http://bit.ly/bERfUD

I'm a huffy prick at the best of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment